Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY



 Bow jeans
     DIY

 As soon as I saw these jeans on Pinterest, I wanted to try to make them myself. So I bought a cheap jeans to experiment. (15$) I had a choice to to get exactly the same color on the image, but then i thought since I'm making it myself it would be cool if it's different than other's. I got the red acid wash. Then when it comes to making it I didn't have sewing machine and I have never used one either, so I thought I could try and hand sew. 




I've been Google-ing and found this video on youtube. Although didn't like it much.  But the next video is great. While my kids were playing around I started the project using my friends mom's sewing machine. Halfway in the middle my little one fell asleep on the floor. Now that my kids are asleep, I was able to finish, but it took longer than expected probably because it was my first time. Here is the instruction. 
Things you need                                              
 1. A chalk, soap or even crayons that are washable to make marks.                                                  2. Long ruler, or tape. 
3. Scissor.                                             
4. Sewing machine       
5. Needle
6. String
7. Jeans
-Follow the Youtube video, choose a bit loose skinny jeans, or regular jeans is fine, but it needs to be stretchy. Turn the jeans inside out and mesure 5 cm (2-2.5 inches) and mark. 
-Also mark up until desired length. Keep in mind that you will hem the border, so about 1 cm (0.5 inches)
-And cut out the marked part.
-Use this piece to measure and cut the other leg.
-To make the bow you can just cut both pieces into 6 same pieces
-And cut out from the square about 2.5 cm (1.5 inches).  
-Now we hem the borders of all the pieces in order not to let the fabric fray.
-To make the bow center sew the 2.5 cm (1.5 inches) pieces from inside out about 1.5-2 inches or as you think will fit forming a circle. You can cut the excess fabric or just leave it in.
-Now turn them back out, 
-Push in the square pieces into the circles place in the middle. 
-All the bows are ready to be sewn back into the pants. You can use sewing macchine in one side and but you will have to hand sew the other. 
The bottom video is from http://sloabn.com she does other cool things, check out her other DIY videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment